A long weekend to celebrate Easter and the first sights of spring; what better way to celebrate than by making these quick, easy and tasty Easter treats!
Many chocolate easter nests just use melted chocolate and cereal but I decided to make these that extra bit special by using mars bars, giving extra caramel and nougat flavours!
Ingredients (Makes approx. 24 chocolate nests):
250g Shredded Wheat
8 Mars bars
200g Milk chocolate
2 Tbs Golden Syrup
2 Packets of Mini Eggs / chocolate eggs
- Chop up the Mars bars into small chunks and place in a glass bowl with the butter, syrup and milk chocolate.
- Place the bowl of ingredients over a pan of boiling water, stirring the ingredients as they melt.
- Keep the pan over the heat until the ingredients are fully melted into a smooth liquid – it might take a while for the nougat from the Mars bars to melt down but stirring will speed up the process.
- Once all of the ingredients are melted, take the bowl off the heat and add the Shredded Wheat by crumbling it into the bowl.
- Stir until all of the cereal is coated in the chocolate mixture then spoon into paper cases (trying to make it look like a bird’s nest).
- Add mini eggs to the centre of your cake and put them in the fridge to set for a couple of hours before eating!
Super quick, super easy and super tasty! Hope you all have a lovely Easter weekend!