Springtime is upon us; flowers are beginning to blossom, the sun stays up longer in the sky, grass smells fresh and birds sing from the early morning. Being particularly partial to flowers, I love the springtime and all the changes it brings about to nature. Spring is probably my favourite season, there’s so much to enjoy.
This spring I’ve written a ‘spring bucket list’ to encourage myself to really enjoy and embrace the season and I hope you can join me too!
Things to do this springtime:
- Plant something – I bought a cute bucket painted in pastel green that I’m going to plant sweet peas in!
- Open all the windows and let the spring breeze blow through your house
- Take a walk on a beach, wind in your hair, sand between your toes
- Pick some posies and display them in your house
- Fly a kite (for nostalgia’s sake)
- Photograph the cherry blossoms – One day I’d love to go to Japan to see the beautiful, famous cherry blossom there!
- Picnic at the park
- Embrace April showers by jumping in puddles
- Unleash your inner child and climb a tree
- Take on an upcycling project – Gumtree & charity shops are great places to grab a bargain for you to spruce up with a lick of paint!
- Plan a spring break / holiday / city getaway
- Bake cupcakes
- Ditch the dark shades and add pastels to your wardrobe and make up collection
- Spend your lunch break on a park bench (bonus points for making friends with a stranger)
- Visit a farm and pick fresh strawberries
- Lay on the grass and watch the shapes change in the clouds
- Wear a new floral fragrance
- Take a drive in the countryside
- Get caught in a spring shower without an umbrella
- Visit a new cafe in your town and enjoy tea and cake
- Keep fresh flowers dotted around your house
- Share a smile with everyone you meet and spread the springtime love!
I’m really looking forward to what this spring has in store! ? Expect lots of instagrams of flowers, birds, bees, trees and all things spring! (If you don’t already, you can follow me on instagram here!)
What are you looking forward to doing this springtime? Leave a comment below!